søndag 28. desember 2008

Le Meridien Piccadilly 5*

December 2008, 2 days.

Well, what can I say? I have always dreamed of staying at this hotel. When I found a fantastic offer at the internet (www.lastminute.com) I couldn't resist booking it.

Checking in went all well and the room was ok. Nothing special, but ok for a London-hotel to be. There were complimentary bottled water and the toiletries were their own brand. It may be good, but I never get the luxurious feeling when a hotel has their own brand of toiletries.






The beds were ok, but NO duvets here either! I can understand the "blanket-thing" in warm countries, but not in UK where the weather can be cold.






b

We didn't have breakfast in the room-rate, but there are both Cafe Nero, Starbucks and other places to get food and coffee nearby the hotel. The room also had a nice sitting area where we ate our breakfast.





In the mini-bar we found this thing, a relief-pack..... :-D


The best with this hotel is the location. Unfortunately I never got the feeling of staying at a true 5* at this hotel either. If I had payed the full rack-rate I would have felt extremely disappointed. There were nothing I really disliked with this hotel, but there were nothing extraordinary with it either. It's a pity that hotel-managers never seem to understand that they are selling accommodation AND a "feeling", not only the accommodation.

If I will stay here again? Well, if I could get it for 129 pound a night, like I did when staying there in December, I would. But I would never pay rack-rate at 330 pound. Never, it's not worth it.

Ingen kommentarer: