fredag 10. april 2009

Hotel H10 Meloneras 5*, Grand Canaria

January 2009, 2 weeks, full board.

When we arrived the receptionist looked like we bothered her. This was not a very nice first impression of the hotel. We arrived late in en evening, we didn't expect to get any food, so we were happy when we were told that there were food for us in the restaurant. Well, it was food, but not very delicate. It was very clear that this was "leftovers" from the buffet.

The breakfast was very nice. There were even Champagne and caviar! However I found it strange that there were no cappuccino or espresso for breakfast! When my husband asked to get a cappuccino for me he was told: "You're not in Italy now!" I am sure it was supposed to be funny, but it wasn't...

I didn't take pictures of the room, simply because there were nothing that impressed me. The pictures you can find at the internet will tell you mostly how it was. The room was run down and could need some upgrades. There were no slippers or no bathrobes and the toiletries were not at all 5* Another thing I also found strange with this hotel was that there were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. You had to pay 4 Euro a day to get this! With that said, I have to tell that you can pay 28 Euro/person/day to get something they call "privilege service". You then get to eat breakfast in another restaurant, you get tea/coffee tray in your room, turn down service etc... All what I would expect to get at a true 5* hotel.




The cleaning was not the best I have seen either.

What I liked with this hotel was the exterior/garden/pool-area. FANTASTIC! There were two pools, one heated and one with sea-water. There were lots of space and I can imagine it would have been great to have small children there.









We had breakfast, lunch and dinner included in our rate. As told, the breakfast was very nice, so was the lunch. The dinner COULD have been nice if they had made some effort on changing the menu every now and then. It was nothing wrong with the food, it was just very boring to get the same day after day for 14 days! The food could also have been prepared a little more delicate.

My son, at 14, really enjoyed the daytime activities, which were also great for the grown ups.

We had a rented car for two days. We got packed lunch both the days. It was ok and we ordered it since we already had payed for it, but I wouldn't bother paying for it.

The spa? Seriously, DON'T PAY TO GET IN! It costed 20 Euro for two hours and it was dirty and not at all worth a 5* hotel. I asked if you had to pay the 20 Euro if you had a treatment, and yes, you have! We didn't pay 20 Euro as they open up for children some hours a day and at that time they charge 5 Euro/person. Do that if you want to try the spa, it's not worth more.

All in all I would say this is a good 4* hotel, but never a 5*. With that said, this is a cheap 5*, I guess you get what you pay for!

Ingen kommentarer: