søndag 30. november 2008

Gmex Oct. 2008

In October I went for a new competition in nails. This was the Professional Beauty North 2008.

I stayed at Radisson Edwardian Manchester, where I stayed last time in Manchester. I then had some bad experiences and wrote a complaint. I was promised an upgrade at my next visit. I got a junior suite!

The junior suite was bigger than a classic room. It also had a terrasse outside! I got complimentary water every day and wine and chocolate at my first evening.

I went to the restaurant for one evening. I went there with a friend and we both agreed it was a mixed feeling. The food was very good and we also got all those small dishes in between, which felt we were at a really nice restaurant. The only disappointment was that it was difficult to get in contact with the people working there. The seamed busy, but there were few people in the restaurant, so how come they were busy?

The breakfast is not extraordinary at this hotel. Not at all 5* breakfast. BUT the most irritating thing was that there were always a queue to get in to the breakfast. There were lots of free tables, but they were not clean. The first rule when working with people is, IF you are busy, never let the client see it. The people working at the breakfast ran around, they really looked stressed. AND it was stressing eating when people were running around.

When I booked this hotel I knew I would never get the feeling of a true 5* here. I only booked it because it's very close to the competition arena. It's a blessing to have the opportunity to walk to the room, have a rest or a nap, and then walk back. I will stay here next year too because of the location.

The best thing with this journey was that I won the competition! This competition was not as big as that in London, in May. It was a national competition in UK. But winning was a victory!

Ingen kommentarer: