søndag 24. februar 2008

Hotel Continental, a true 5*?

No, no and no.....

The hotel itself is very nice. Nice location and nice rooms. The toiletries from Molton Brown was the most luxurious with my room. No bathrobe and no slippers.

002


Two days before arriving I wrote an e-mail to confirm my booking. I never got any answer. I would have expected a true 5* to respond to e-mails.

Check-in was fast and efficient, but maybe too efficient, I had to ask for the elevator.

The room was nice.

003

004

005

007

Breakfast was a big disappointment. It looked nice, but the hot food was cold and the rest looked like it had been laying there for some hours... (like the "skin-food" at Radisson SAS Royal Copenhagen). The waiters didn't say "good morning" and never smiled. They talked too much with each other instead of taking away plates. There were only filter coffee and "ready made" tea. The coffee was served in the can from the coffee-machine! I looked for a bottle of water, no bottle, no water at all.

I went out to do some shopping while the housekeepers did my room. When I came back, they had not taken the rubbish away! And, yes, there were much because I had been to a beauty-show the day before and had thrown away lots of brochures I didn't need. There were so much I had to place it at the floor... It was taken away at the turn-down service.

It may bee that I am "pickey", but I really expect a lot from a 5* hotel, especially one that is part of "The leading hotels of the world" (I may have written "luxury hotels of the world" before, but it's "leading hotels"). The hotel COULD have been a true 5*, but because of average service and cold breakfast, I would never have rated it as more than a 4*. I never felt like a "princess" or a special person, like I would have expected a true 5* to treat me. My advise is to send the staff to a true 5*, maybe they would have learned something new.

Ingen kommentarer: