lørdag 1. mars 2008

The Capital Hotel, London

WOW!

I have found a REAL 5*!

I have only been at the hotel for some hours, and all I can say is: WOW!

When I arrived a nice woman checked me in, very efficient. Another woman came to bring me to my room. I was told I was upgraded to a junior suite! I had been in my room for some minutes when yet another woman handed me chocolate, The Times magazine and an envelope with a welcome card. What a nice gesture!

The room is very nice. What I really like is the Molton Brown toiletries the extra toiletries from Korres, the "folded" and "plastic-packed" bath-mat, the slippers, the big bed, the walk-in wardrobe, the bathrobe etc... Of course, I also liked my two bathrooms, my two TV's and the large sitting area... :-D

The "folded" and "wrapped" bath-mat"






The bathrobes and an umbrella


One of the bathrooms




Another little present I got.... :)


For lunch I went to Harrods, which is only 20 meters from the hotel, and bought me some sushi take-away. I went to Hyde Park to eat, but it was too cold to eat outside. Although the sun was shining it was very windy. Because I have such a big room, I think I am going to try out the room-service for dinner. The room-service menu is from the Capitals restaurant, which have 2 stars in the Michelin-guide. (PS. I never tried the room-service, but ended up at Wagamama at Harvey Nicols, take-away.)

When writing this (the previous was written in the morning) I am sitting in my large bed, in my large suite. I feel small and a little bit lonely... It feels strange to have all this space all by my own!




Ingen kommentarer: