lørdag 29. august 2009

It's too warm today!

Today I tried to have a walk between 10 and 11 (am), but it's unbearable outside today. I don't know the temperature, but it is very humid and sunny. Luckily we asked for a late check-out so I will have the room until 15.00. I don't think I am going outside before that time...

Speaking about heat... Some days ago, when browsing through some shops, I found a stall with lots of different "heat-controllers" for children (and grown-ups that can't stand the heat.. :-)). You can get ties, pillows, small cloths, wristbands etc... etc... which you can put in the fridge. I also found small bags with some chemical inside. When you hit it, something inside will burst and the bag will become ice-cold. I can remember we had those when I did sports (long time ago... :-)), but I haven't seen them in the shops at home. They may have it, but I can only guess they are expensive. Here they cost only 0,5 GbP. Needless to say, I bought some.

At 15.00 there is going to be a festival here in Tsukuba. I don't know what it involves, but somebody told me they are going to close some of the roads and there will be stalls where you can buy food and all kinds of things. We are going back to Tokyo tonight, but will have a look at the festival before we return.

Ingen kommentarer: