fredag 10. april 2009

The Goring 5*, London, UK

March 2009, 4 days.

I booked this hotel through Expedia and got a fantastic offer. I payed about 120 Gbp./night in a single room without breakfast. I think the rack-rate is about 330!

I have read several good reviews from this hotel. Since it's also a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, I was sure this would be good.

The hotel is situated about 5 min. walking from the Victoria station. The check-in was efficient and quick and I got my room. When arriving at my room there were fruit and a bottle of water waiting for me. Nice!






The bathroom was nice and with Molton Brown toiletries. My favorite!







I never tried the breakfast, as it was not included. However there is a "breakfast/lunch-bar" down the road where I bought my breakfast and coffee every morning. I don't remember the name, but it was around the corner and through a small alley and then to the left. I recommend it highly instead of paying 23 (or similar) for the breakfast at the hotel. It may be very good, but so was the breakfast for 6 Gbp. too! :)

What I didn't like with this hotel was.... There were a Fitness and a spa connected to the hotel, but you have to walk for 5 min. to get there. I didn't use the spa because I don't like to walk outdoor after a spa-session. The internet was expensive, 20 Gbp. (I don't remember exactly) for 24 hours!

I would have thought this hotel to be like a true 5*. Everything was very nice, but it was lacking some of the personal touch. I felt more connected to the place where I had my breakfast than to the hotel!

Ingen kommentarer: