fredag 10. april 2009

The Liner 3*, Liverpool, UK

April 2009, 3 days.

I NEVER choose this hotel! The problem with Liverpool is that they don't have 5* hotels and the best 4* are in the outskirt of the city-center.

Checking in was efficient and the receptionist was friendly. When entering the room we could hear some noise, it was like a generator or a fan. We went straight down and asked for another room. The receptionist knew about the noise, as she said she could move us to another room, at a lower floor, but not before the day after, as the hotel was fully booked. After reading some reviews it looks like all the rooms at the sixth floor have this incredible, disturbing noise. The worst thing was that it went on and off every 5 minutes, all night through. I didn't sleep much that night as I woke up every time the noise came on.

When we got a new room, we still heard the dreaded noise. We asked the concierge, who brought our luggage, to listen, if he heard it. And yes, he did. He said he would check it out and come back to us. He never came back. The good thing was that the noise was on the whole day, and went off about 11 in the night.

However, the room was ok, so was the bathroom. I didn't care about the toiletries. I knew how they were, so I brought my own Molton Brown (that I got at The Goring...:-)). At least I could PRETEND to stay at a good hotel when showering! :-D

The breakfast was surprisingly good. Egg, bacon, sausages etc...

Next time in Liverpool I will stay at another hotel.... This must be a... true 3*....:-D

Ingen kommentarer: