fredag 10. april 2009

Malmaison 4*, Aberdeen Scotland

April 2009, 6 days.

This hotel was surprisingly good!

The check-in went smooth and the receptionist was very friendly and nice. She asked us about the trip etc...

Our room was in the old building, with no elevator. If you have problems with that, you can ask for a room at the newer part where they have an elevator. We had a superior room with shower and bath-tub. The room was big, so was the bath-room. And the shower? The BEST I have ever had. The only thing I could have wished for here was heated floor at the bath-room. The toiletries were full-size bottles and of their own brand.


There were only shampoo, conditioner and soap. I wished there were body-lotion and some bath-salt as there were a nice bath-tub. However I didn't fancy the smell or the feeling of the toiletries, smelled like cheap stuff...

Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I don't have pictures from the hotel. The pictures at the hotels web-site are good.

The breakfast cost about 14 for full *Scottish* (very important!), 12 for continental and 6 for a bacon-roll and coffee. The breakfast was ok, not the best, but ok. Some of the last days I found that the "Olive-tree" (don't remember the exact name, but you will find it if going there, it's close to the roundabout) opens at 06.30 and they have coffee to take away and sandwiches.

The spa was fantastic! Oh-la-la! I tried to book an appointment, but they were fully booked! However they have a "relaxing-zone" with 4 massage-chairs. Massage-chairs are not as good as a real massage, but it's better than nothing and it was free!

We had dinner at the brasserie twice. Very good and a nice place to have dinner!

The bar was also very nice. It was always busy, but not too busy. I like when the hotel-bars are busy, it makes a better atmosphere.

The location is not the best, as it is a 15-20 min. walk to the city-center. On the other hand, there are buses going right outside the hotel, every 15 min.

What I really liked with this hotel was that it looked like everybody enjoyed working there. Everybody was VERY friendly, always. At Saturday evening we decided to have a rental car for the Sunday. The people in the reception called the rental-company and helped us a lot.

If I ever go to Aberdeen again, I will stay at this hotel.

Ingen kommentarer: