fredag 24. april 2009

Hotel Chicago Intercontinental, Chicago, USA 4+*

April 2009


There were two people in front of the check-in counter. You should think that would go pretty easy, but it took ages. I’ve never waited that long to check-in before…

When I got to my room, at the third floor, the air-conditioning was blowing like crazy. I asked the bell-boy to turn it off, but it was broken. I had to change room. The new room was exactly the same as the first one except that there were no shampoo/soap dispensers in the shower. At the first room there were the dispenser PLUS individual toiletries. There were also a questionnaire that said they had started using the dispenser, but then found that their guests may would prefer getting the small toiletries so they had some questions regarding that. Thumbs up for the small toiletries from me!


I tried the toiletries and they are good, and they look nice! Me like! :-D


The shower and bath-tub could need to be replaced.





I would believe the room is small compared to US standard, but compared to European standard it's big enough. Since I booked a double room, but came by my own, they gave me a twin room. The beds were BIG. Not sure one bed would fit for two... well... it depends on how big you are (and how much in love you are...:-))!






The hotel is in the middle of the shopping-district. Very convenient for a shopaholic... :-D

I went to see the swimming-pool. The hotel is famous for the swimming-pool! In my opinion it looked nicer at pictures than in real... I wished there were steam-rooms, a jacuzzi and a spa connected to the swimming-pool.

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and only payed about 110 USD per night for bed only. For that price I would have stayed here again, but not for the full rack rate, that is about 250-300 USD. There is a Starbucks in the lobby so I didn't went for breakfast at the hotel.

Ingen kommentarer: