fredag 24. april 2009

Shopping in Chicago

All the GOOD shops are in the North Michigan Ave. You have Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Maceys and all the designer-shops.

Some days ago I got an e-mail from my favorite shop in the USA, White house, black market. They invited me to a two days sale with 25% off all items. Luckily the two days were today and tomorrow, the two days I have in Chicago downtown! The shop is across the street from my hotel, more luck...:) Although I was pretty jet-lagged and woke up with a terrible head-ache that continued throughout the day, I managed to do some shopping... Retail-therapy... :-D I "spaved" a lot today! Here is some of it....











After spending some money at White hous, black market I went to Salvatore Ferragamo. And guess what? I found a purse I have been looking for all over Europe. I saw it at Hawaii and have been regretting I didn't buy it ever after. I didn't buy it at once, I still had a head-ache and was afraid it would affect my judgment. I headed for the next shopping-center...




I went in, looked at the cosmetic department and found my perfume. Well, I don't actually need a new one, but if I bought it, I would get a small present... After all I have used this perfume for ages, as my summer-perfume, so I WILL need it sooner or later!







I REALLY liked the bag... It's not leather, and it's not very exclusive, but nice when going to the beach! I needed a new beach-bag! The makeup and the small purses were another bonus! :-D

After lunch I headed back to Ferragamo. The head-ache was gone and I could think very clear!

Hahaha, the shopping-bag and box from Ferragamo really suits my red coat! :-D

Shopping in Chicago has been a pleasure. The people who work at the shops are so very friendly. At White house, black market I was offered a bottle if water and biscuits and at Ferragamo I got a bottle of Pellegrino. I know, I know, they all do it to sell more, but it's better to shop from friendly people than from the grumpy people working in Rome or London...

Ingen kommentarer: