fredag 22. februar 2008

The big shopping-spree

I was one of those who stood outside Marks & Spencer when they opened this morning...:-D I went down to the food-hall and picked lots of goods... When I wanted to pay, there were nobody there! A guy told me they didn't open the food-store before 11 (the time was then 1030). What a bummer! I left everything and went to Harvey Nichols. I had to wait outside there too, they didn't open before 11.00. Harvey Nics in Leeds is NOT at all the same as in London. It was very small and they didn't have Ferragamo, although their website told... Grrrr.... I bought some small presents at the food-hall.... (Can't tell now!!! :-)) and went to TM Lewin. Got some shirts and went back to M&S.

I found the same as I had picked and went to pay. This time there were a cashier to help me. There were even a woman to pack my stuff. She was impressed of all my Christmas "stuff". :-D

Next to M&S is Gap. In I went... Kids... upstairs... two floors up... The M&S stuff was HEAVY! :-D Luckily I got what I had been looking for. I had no other choice then to go back to the hotel with my bags...:-D

There were a long queue with people checking out. I didn't asked for my new room, just went to the old. And as I had thought, my luggage was still there. I just packed my bags in my suitcase, which by now, was full and very heavy....:-/ The good thing was that I didn't have more on my to-do list! I went out again... Browsed through some shops and decided to go for lunch.

When I was at Harvey Nics I saw they had Yo-Sushi at the upper floor. I have always wanted to try that so I went there. The food was OK, not the best sushi I have tried, but at least, now I have tried it! :-D You can read here how it is done:

leeds1

leeds2

(And yes, I felt stupid when taking these pictures...)


I grabbed some more small items at the foodhall and went out to browse more...:-D After brosing and some more shopping I went to Starbucks. I always have to go to Starbucks when in UK (and other places where they have Starbucks) to get some of their special lattes. They always have a "seasonal" latte. This month it was "Creme brulee latte"... I will have to go to the gym and do an extra session after this.....:-D



leeds3


I went back to the hotel with more stuff.... And the respetionist gave me a new room! AND it was bigger then the previous! (Maybe he had seen me with all my bags...:-)) And NO "old-bar-feeling"!

Out again... This time I decided no more shopping.... have to avvoid overweight.... just some veeeerry small and light things.... :-D 30 minutes before the shops closed, I decided to go home. It's only boring to LOOK when you can't shop....:-D

When I got back I realised that the CHRISTMASPUDDING alone is almost 1 KILO!!!! Our Christmas-guests have to be thankful... Wonder what I could have bought for one kilo.....:-D

To be honest, I haven't bought much for myself this time. Just a pair of shoes (at the airport) and some shirts (ehm... they were on sale..., but they don't take up much space or weight....:-)). The rest is for Christmas and presents. I feel very proud of myself, I don't have many presents left to buy!!!

For dinner today, I will try the restaurant at the hotel.

Ingen kommentarer: