fredag 22. februar 2008

Travelreport #1 from London: The Courthouse Kempkinski hotel

We arrived to Standsted at 08.30 and came to the hotel around 10.30. The hotel was supposed to be a 5-star hotel. The location was absolutly 5-star, but the rest? Hmmm... maybe 3+? I don't know exactly what was wrong with the hotel, or maybe it wasn't anything wrong, maybe it was just that I didn't got the "good feeling" or the feeling of luxury? I don't know... We talked about it today, and we both agreed, the hotel is not a 5-star. All the 4-star Radisson SAS hotels I have been to gives me a much better feeling. Everything at the Courthous Kempinski is ok, but just ok, nothing more. I have to admit I had high expectations of this hotel, so it may be because of that I didn't got the right feeling...

Our room is small, the bathroom is ok. Luckily there are small bottles with shampoo etc... I don't know why I like the small bottles, I never use them as I always bring my own, it just gives me a good feeling. Or maybe it is the dispensers that gives me a bad feeling? There is no "sewing kit", "shoe-pollish-kit" or ehm... what is the name in English... trouser-press? There were no chocolate at the pillow either... And yes, I would exepct this from a 5-star hotel.

The beds are small and the worst, there are no light besides or over the bed, so no light if you want to read before sleeping. OK, there IS light, but not GOOD reading light.

I am absolutly not impressed by the staff. They are not rude, but not smiley and often they forget to greet, something I also would have expected from a 5-star hotel. In the morning I wrote a note to the maid and asked her to change the light-bulb in the room, I also gave her some tip. She took the money, but still, the light doesn't work...

The breakfast was OK. It was not the worst, but absolutly not the best. I have stayed at lots of 4-star hotels that have a much better breakfast.

All in all the hotel is OK. I think they must have gotten the 5-stars for the location. The location is the best I have had in London. Just around the corner from Regent Street. If going alone, it's excellent because you have everything right outside the doorstep, but it's not worth it if going with others. If I had payed standard rate for this hotel, I would have felt VERY disappointed. Luckily I got a very good offer, so it's ok for me as I will be two days by my own.

Radisson SAS is a "bankers", will stay there next time... or in London, maybe the Royal Horseguard...

Ingen kommentarer: