fredag 22. februar 2008

Travelreport #4 from London: More shopping!

Got up early and went to eat breakfast. It was the same as yesterday, nothing special...

Went out to go to Harrods, or in fact, I was not going for Harrods, but for the Mexx shop very close to Harrods. I bought a day ticket to the tube for 5,10 Gbp. This is the "off-peak" ticket, you can not use it before 0930. I bought it 09.30... :)

When I came, I looked for the Mexx shop... It was GONE!!!!! I was really gutted because that shop was fantastic, and I didn't remember there is a Mexx shop in Oxford Street.... :) I just looked it up at the internet and found there are actually two shops very close to my hotel... :) Anyway, I went to Harrods and bought some underwear. Haha, no, I will not show you pictures of that! This time I just had to try the Hanro brand as I have heard good things about it. I find it strange to wear a blend of silk and wool as underwear.... I am sure it will be nice in the wintertime! :) I also bought some Chantelle bras and some small souvenirs.

On the way back to the tubestation I found a new Ecco store. And of course, I found a pair of shoes. Not the nicest once, but I am sure they will be nice on my feet!

I then took the tube back to Piccadilly Circus. On the way back to the hotel I bought some "hair-stuff" and some cardigans at Zara. Normally I never find much at Zara (I am not trendy and young enough!) but their cardigans are nice.

Back at the hotel I dropped all my bags and went to a cafe very close to the hotel. They have free broadband and very nice, organic food. I ate a salads with shrimps, avocado and mango. It was delicious and I can highly recommend the place. The name of the cafe is Le Pain and it's located in Great Marlborough Street.

Ingen kommentarer: