fredag 22. februar 2008

The restaurant at Hotel Hassler, Rome

Oh, this was a fantastic experience!

When we arrived the waiter followed us to the table. He even found a little stool for my bag!

We got the menu and I found it strange there were no prices in my menu. Very soon we found that T had gotten the prices in his menu. It felt really good not knowing the prices! :-D

We went for the five-course set-menu with meat (we could choose between fish and meat). The first course was foie gras. I like it, but I get very sick when eating it, so T asked the waiter if I could change the foie gras with the first course from the fish-menu. The answer was this: "Well, it's strange that you want to eat fish with the meat menu, but you're the customer and you choose." I liked this way to tell me what to do! BUT I went for the first course from the fish-menu, which was raw fish of the day. I got raw SHRIMPS. I have never eaten it before, and was not sure if would fancy it. It was delicious! Then the courses came one after one. I don't remember all of them as we also got some small dishes in between (don't know what those are called in English). I remember we got a very nice "chocolate-thing" before the dessert, to "clear" the mouth.

The restaurant was very romantic and perfect to celebrate something special. The waiters was fantastic and so was the atmosphere. I can highly recommend the place, just be prepared it's not cheap! BUT you get what you pay for.

The hotel is a member of the leading hotels of the world.

I had my camera, but felt it would be out of place to take pictures there.

Ingen kommentarer: