fredag 22. februar 2008

Marriott Leeds hotel

24.11.2007 - 26.11.2007

The hotel is very close to the railwaystation and in the middle of Leeds city center.

Check in was quick and effectiv and the receptionist was nice.

Whn I came to my room the smell of smoke kind of hit me. It was very strong and as a non-smoker, it's unconfortable. There were also an extra bed which tokk up a lot of space. I went to to reseption and asked for another room. The hotel was fully booked - impossible to change room, maybe tomorrow. When booking this hotel be aware you have to spesifically ASK for a non-smoking room, you don't get an option to choose it. I booked it through their own web-site. I asked to move the extra bed and went out to get some food.

An hour later, the bed was still there (and of course, also the smell of smoke...:-)) and I had to call the reseption. 30 min. later the bed was moved.

The hotel is nice so was my room. The bathroom and the toiletteries are very nice. Just be aware that the water in the shower is changing from cold to warm and back again. I like to shower in very hot water... and yes, I nearly scolded myself because the temperature suddenly changed.

le

Leeds Marriott 4

Leeds Marriott 5

The breakfast was very nice with portched (?) egg, two kind of sausages, two kind of mushroms, potatoes, blackpudding (YAK, I don't understand how they can eat it... sorry...), cereals, croisants, juices of all kinds etc... They also had bottled water, thumbs up for that! The only downside was that they had used scrambled eggs from powder, not from egg... It just don't look very nice when the egg is floating and you can see it's not real stuff...

When "hunting for food" yesterday I realised I am in shopping-heaven... :-D They even have Harvey Nicols here!!!

Leeds Marriott 1


Leeds Marriott 2


Leeds Marriott 3

Ingen kommentarer: