fredag 22. februar 2008

Radisson SAS Royal Copenhagen

Dec. 1. to Dec. 2. 2007

This is a five star property in the center of Copenhagen.

As I thought, and had heard, from the outside, this hotel looks like a big block. Not nice at all. At once you have stepped into the reseption-area you can see it's designed by Arne Jacobsen. It's minimalistic and "stylish".

Copenhagen1

We arrived to the hotel at 09.00. I knew check-in time was at 14.00 so I didn't expect to get our room at once, and we didn't. The reseptionist kindly told us the room would not be ready before approximately 12. Fine for us. We stored our luggage at the hotel and went for shopping.

At 14.15 we came back to the hotel and was surprised the room was not ready yet. The reseptionist told us to wait "a little bit". We waited for an hour and didn't get the room before I asked another reseptionist. Strangely the room was ready when I asked! I CAN understand it's Christmas and that the hotel was full. What I can't take is that they say something and can't keep what they have promised. They asked us to wait, but if we had knew we had to wait for an hour, we would have done something else.

We had booked a family-room. I had heard the hotel had family-rooms with a seperate bedroom, and I had asked for that. We didn't get that, but a big room with two bathrooms! The rooms were very nice!

Copenhagen3


Copenhagen4


Copenhagen5

The toiletries were also nice here.

Copenhagen6

For me, the hotel itself is five-star, but the lack of service (see also my experience with the meal at the hotels restaurant) don't want me to rate it as a five-star hotel....

I haven't tried the breakfast yet, but will give a report tomorrow.


Ingen kommentarer: