fredag 22. februar 2008

Radisson Mayfair - London

The hotel is a 5* hotel in... you guess.... Mayfair...:)

The check-in was quick and the receptionist followed us to the room. The room was nice. Not big, but not the smallest one either. The best thing with the room was that it had two chairs and a table so you don't need to sit in the bed (although I just love to sit in the bed watching TV while staying at hotels). We didn't have breakfast at the hotel and we didn't want to pay 25 Pound p/p for breakfast as there are lots of Starbucks, Pret's, Cafe Neros etc... in the area. We went out, bought breakfast and coffee and brought it to the room. It was great to not have to eat breakfast in the bed!

london jan08 8


The bathroom was... a bit disappointing.... The toiletries was in DISPENSERS. I hate it! Although I am not a big user of the hotels toiletries I find it very exciting to see how "good" they are. And I have to admit, although I feel a little bit ashamed of it, I always bring the toiletries home. The worst thing is that I don't use them as I always use my professional products... :-) To my fairness my son uses them when he has physical education and when at the swimming sessions (3-4 times a week). So yes, it's always a big disappoinment with "environment-friendly" hotels.

london jan08 5


london jan08 4


I am not sure about this, but I think the shower SHOULD have been a "power-shower". There were not much power in the shower. Maybe our neighbors were showering at the same time? :-/ The pressure seamed to change a lot while I was showering, from low pressure to lower...

The next disappointment was that there were no chocolate at the turn-down service! I don't understand the point of turn-down service, but when they do have it, they should leave a chocolate.... at least if they want to call themself a 5*!

I didn't take any pictures of the bed. It looked like all the beds at Radisson!

The hotel have free wireless internet access and also a business-center with 5 pc's, free of charge. Fantastic!

All in all the hotel has a fantastic location, just 5 min. walk from Piccadilly Circus. If it's a true 5*? No, I would say it's a good 4*.

Ingen kommentarer: